5.10.2011

Blue Skies




“If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, Rejoice, for your soul is alive.”

Eleanora Duse

 

Something about the spring, the start of warm weather, blue skies and green grass wakes you up inside.  This time of year always seems to be filled with hope, a sense of renewal and excitement for summer days to come.  

My heart has been full the past couple days, I spent the beginning of the week home with my boys.  Just us three, and of course daddy after work, enjoying sunny days, having picnic lunches, afternoon walks, trips to the playground, barefeet in the grass, chalk and finding bugs in the dirt.  Simple everyday things that continually take my breath away and I'd love to freeze forever to hit replay.    

My heart sinks a little bit, thinking this comes to an end that work calls again tomorrow.  But that is life and in everything you must find a balance.  My countdown begins with a few less days till the weekend and pancakes in pajamas!



 These warmer days have me thinking of some summer fun.  Last year I wrote out a Summer fun resolution list for an article I had to write at work..... who doesn't want to write out a list of things to do that are all fun so here's the start of one for summer 2011:
 1. Play with chalk and soak up some sun, here's a fun take on sidewalk chalk:
Side Walk Chalk PAINT guest blogger at Positively Splendid Summer Survival
2. Summer picnics, it's always fun to try out a new recipe- especially dessert!
Summer Sand Cake at I am Momma Hear Me Roar

To Do FUN list for summer 2011.... to be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...