12.01.2011

It's Here.... December

No Explore Art post this week.  We've been a little off our schedule lately.  I can't believe it's December 1st our countdown officially starts!  And a little bit of panic begins to set in.....

We've been busy decorating trees, making Christmas cookies and writing letters to Santa.  For the month of December my weekly posts are going to be a mix of homemade/ handmade gifts and organizing projects.

Every year the kids, mine and extended family, get a handmade gift and fun Christmas day gift.  Last year it was fleece hat and scarves, there was lots of blankets when they were little, back packs, homemade playdough and mold crayons.  Well here's a sneak peak for this year:

Felt play cookies (inspired by Dana at Made)

The before picture, chunky crayons for Cy's Pre-K class

I've also got a list of real cookies to make with some treats like fudge.  I went a little different than my usual freezer jam this year but still a tasty treat.  Stay tune and I'll share some of my favorite recipes.

 And last but not least to feed into my slight obsession with organizing or let's say containing and maintaining the chaos of toys.  I've got a few new projects and some that I'm continually working on to share.  See my little helper, Sage loves organizing too!  He put himself away.

So welcome December, oh and thanks for that beautiful snow yesterday!  Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...